Friday, July 25, 2014

Nesting Broad-winged Hawks at Elk Island National Park

Tucked away in a Trembling Aspen along the Elk Island Parkway is this Broad-winged Hawk nest, which we first noticed in early June.

Today, July 25th, the young are perched on branches adjacent to their nest and appear poised to fledge.

I post these photos with mixed feelings as nest photography is fraught with ethical issues. These shots were captured out the window of my car along a busy roadway. Obviously the birds were aware of my presence but I didn't observe an signs of distress during my short stops.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a nice blog
    Thanks for posting this blog.
    This blog is very informative for the users.
    Edmonton Photographers

    ReplyDelete